November 21, 2012

NY OJ NO

 LOOK, NEW YORK'S GOT ITS OWN ORANGE JUICE! 

OH, WAIT...

Obviously, this isn't illegal, but at what point does it qualify as deceptive? I don't speak this language, but it must boil down to "you can put anything on your packaging as long as you put the truth on there somewhere too." Seems shitty to me.

Am I really worried people are going to think something that says NY OJ is orange juice made in New York oranges? I don't know...do people realize Poland Spring is actually water from Maine and that Häagen Dazs is Danish jibberish made up by a Polish guy in New York? And does this all diminish the credibility of actual OJ made in New York or water from Poland? I should probably be more concerned about the calcium hydroxide (great for concrete and OJ!) but here I am, in NY, being pandered to by Tropicana.
More like CheapPopicana. 




1 comment:

Steel Rod said...

I make real NY OJ in the still located in my back yard. The oranges are grown in an illegal Greenhouse in Schenectady.