August 18, 2009

Striker Striker Striker Striker...

Trident Layers is a new gum that will start appearing in stores over the next few weeks (I hear that you can find it at Target right now). As the name suggests, it's a multi-layered hunk of gum with a fruit flavored center. A "gum sandwich" is what most people are calling it, but just to be different I'll call it Gumsagna. Or maybe Lay-sagna? I don't know.

I've had both flavors (each flavor has two flavors) and I have to say it's pretty tasty. But I'm not here on Erff to sell you gum--I'm here to dick around with MS Paint and occasionally make smart-ass jokes. The first time I heard the brand name, my Scrabble-playing brain immediately started layering the layers...

layerslayerslayerslayerslayerslayerslayer...
















It's a natural marriage, no? Kicking ass and chewing gum? Imagine they asked Slayer to play in the commercials? I can see it now... "Raining Gum... from a Naturally Flavored Sky!" The packaging is just begging for the Slayer font. How fucking awesome would it be to see this on a billboard while you're stuck in traffic?


There's only one way out of here... piece by piece.

2 comments:

rpm said...

I am all for Gumsagna. But not so much the "lay" version.

Giovanni Deldio said...

loL! I would so buy this gum if Slayer was involved in marketing it!