April 7, 2012

30 Day Music Challenge: Day 7 - A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

Every Time I Die - "The Logic of Crocodiles"



In August 2001, I went to Ozzfest at the Arts Center in NJ. Black Sabbath headlined and was playing a pretty awesome set. Knowing the end was coming when they went into "Paranoid" though, me and buddy Jim decided to take off before everyone else dashed for the parking lot.

It was the last show of the US Tour, so on the way out, all the vendors were unloading everything they could. Dudes were standing on top of trailers throwing out CDs and posters and other promo materials by the handfuls to everyone walking by. We stopped for a minute and caught some discs.

When I got home, I listened to one labeled Ferret Music Sampler. Some of the tracks were pretty cool and had the chaotic Dillinger Escape Plan kinda vibe I was into. There was one track though that I instantly fell in love with--"The Logic of Crocodiles" by Every Time I Die. It was listed as an "unmastered" version, but it was exactly what I wanted to hear.

I went to their website and bought the album, and soon saw them live. They're still one of my favorite bands and it all happened because I was in the right spot at the right time and randomly caught a CD flying through the air. Thanks Ozzy!

No comments: