April 17, 2008

69th Post

You clearly can't read this because Blogger sucks and refuses to honor my jpeg's original size and resolution and The Blue Lioness will mortally wound me with her metallic claws if I upload it to an image hosting site and link to it. Sure, you could click on it to view it in its nearly original form, but we know that I know that you know that no one likes a two-step process.

Anyway, here's what the letters say:

MATTRES SPICALE
ASSORTED BRAND
SMART CHOIEC


They even bought the right letters (and even left off the last "S" for Savings) and could really just peel them off the window and put them in the right place if they wanted to. It's sad that I drive by this place every day and don't help them out, but will make the effort to take my cell phone out while stuck at the red light, upload it to Verizon's convoluted Pix Place bullshit, save it to my computer, then upload it to stupid Blogger.

At the same though, there's no reason to feel bad. I may have been a champion speller in another decade, but I'm no elitist. I'm sure English is not the owner's first language, and the intended communication is still there (though it took me a few red lights to figure out that Spicale meant Special), so I don't wanna bust balls. I'm just extremely obsessed with signage and its influence. In fact, I think the world is more interesting with mistakes. If I drove past this place and everything was spelled correctly, I wouldn't look twice. But with a view transposed vowels, they've managed to infiltrate my brain and got some free air time on the most important blog in history.

OK, maybe their mattresses are as half-assed as their spelling. Who cares? I'm going to bash my head on the keyboard now and hit enter afterwards:

hy uyhubujiuuu76uyhj8huj9kkl67 g5f4 f5g4r

IJHORSUPOIAT "o;'P/;'P[/0:"?)p{;'P/[IFDSIUB JHIOB IJPOQYG53JP[HBRJBwY3WY H3WUQ53 yZJTEAZE TEAUT U4IJ4W YR M IUIJJUJHH HYYY66

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't buy anything from a place that spells that poorly!

Anonymous said...

I think "Mattres Spicale" would make a great name for a TV newscaster. I hope somebody reads your blog and names their kid that.

Aw, who am I kiddin'? I just hope somebody reads your blog! Ba dum bum!