June 25, 2008

Well, it's you girl and you should show it...


Oh hai. I just died in your arms tonight. Must have been something you said. Must have been some kind of kiss. I should have walked away. I shoulda walked away.

I turned into Robo-Snowflake for a bit back there. Let’s just say Lotor and Hagar kidnapped me for a while, but I fought my way free, stole a ship, and piloted my way back to Rollie and all of you. I’m glad that’s over. I missed my Bleu Lion. The break room is filthy….someone’s been sleeping in my bed! PIDGE! Whatever, I’m happy to be back.

There are still 2 more parts to my TV’s most romantic moments ever, but I have to make an animated .gif for that, and so much shit has gone down that I haven’t had the time or inclination to do so. I helped in a friend’s home birth that had minor complications. WHOAH. That blew my brain. I still haven’t processed it fully. It totally changed my life, and I’m still not sure exactly how. I dealt with the brief resurgence of 1-800-Reach-Out-And-Touch-A-DOUCHEBAG whose bursts of communications served to only solidify my unmitigated GALL and BURNING, SEETHING, RIGHTEOUS anger. Let us not forget my disgust or appalled Southern-ness. You sir, are a CAD. How dare you treat a Lady and a Princess in this manner? So much emotional turmoil…so much frothing at the mouth, so little time to articulate it all in. So very, very sorry for not posting more.

Somehow, I feel I am suddenly on the side of life tho' which really is not a general forté of mine, but here we are, and lo, I should be depressed and worried and hussling just as fast I can. But, instead, I am oddly happy, elated even and shuffling off to buffalo (metaphorically Buffalo, NY irl =BLECH) with renewed vigor and vim. I somehow have hope for the future and my career and the possibilities of new collaborations and new happinesses and projects and more moments. Wha? I know. What the fuck is coming out of my mouth right now? Is this the right Princess? I think this Princess might be new and improved; I’m not positive, but I think this is the case. This is possibly Princess 3.40 not Robo-Snowflake 1.12. I’m still beta testing, but the ole’ psyche is looking a lot more shipshape. It’s about time too. I’ve been doing all this heavy emotional lifting and brooding and seething and thinking and pouting and planning that a medium-sized fug of angst and despair was hovering about me at all times. That fug has been blown away though. My ennui is dissipating. Gears are shifting. Emotional routines are being updated. Standby for reformatting. I went offline, and I came back better with a song in my heart and a smile on my face. I mean I am Irish this will not last forever, my melancholia is genetic, but some things have advanced and moved forwards. No good reason to go backwards. No good reason at all.

The song in my heart right now? Oh, it’s this one:

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all


I really think it’s all going to be ok. Frankly, I’m just as shocked as you are at this news.



Also, I think maybe I am the Final Cylon and the Mary Tyler Moore theme song activated me. I think I know the way to a better place and all you have to do is fly this spaceship right through my vagina to get there.

3 comments:

Johnny Cordova said...

and just where do you get tickets for this spaceship? and can I have a window seat?

(it's Rene'! Johnny Cordova is my moniker on a past blog that you should check out. You'd get a kick out of the last post. long but meaty... Did i really just say that???)

Ro-Beast Rollie said...

It's incredibly bizarre that you referenced the Cutting Crew song, as I was just thinking about it this morning.

It's almost like you're inside my right leg, controlling a fifth of my body.

lily holiday said...

oh mary. what would we do without her? ennui be damned