May 18, 2009

Last Aid

I know I complain a lot, usually about anything that gets in my way. There's a train crossing that I seem to get stuck at once a week or so. It's technically a shortcut, but at the time of the morning I go to work, it's a gamble. The trains are very long, so depending on my mood, I either sit there and make the best of lost time, or turn around and go back.

Last week, I saw something that really sucked. A Liberty Health ambulance was stuck at the crossing. I don't know if they were on the way to pick someone up or if they already had the person, but their lights were flashing. I pulled up and probably only waited for a minute or two, but it felt like an hour knowing the pressure was on for the ambulance.

One of the drivers actually ran out of the ambulance at one point to see how much longer the train was. Those things go on forever.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: